Free Standard Shipping on all web orders (inside the contiguous United States only)
California OSHA Guide for the Construction Industry provides construction employers with the basic tools for a safer jobsite. The guide focuses on the most frequently overlooked and violated standards in the construction industry.
Informative and easy-to-understand, the guide provides pertinent safety checklists, a digest of Cal/OSHA construction standards, and sample written plans, to help employers meet Cal/OSHA requirements. Topics discussed include these and others:
• Online access to six sample safety plans that are easily modified and printed in Word® or PDF with Adobe® Reader. Updated plans cover Hazard Communication, Heat Illness Prevention, and Injury and Illness Prevention. Also available are plans for Emergency Action, Ergonomics, and Lock-Out/Block-Out.
• Discussion of recent regulatory changes covering flammable and combustible liquids, heat illness prevention, hand protection, lock-out/block-out, hazard communication, carbon monoxide, cranes and derricks in construction, flaggers and signaling, forklifts, and helicopter, among other things
• New digest entries on hexavalent chromium, histoplasmosis, methylenedianiline, nanotechnology, and portland cement, along with updated/revised entries on roofing exposures to asphalt fumes, confined spaces, internal combustion engines as ignition sources, hazard communication labels, classification of fines and penalties, and heat illness prevention, among others.
• New training entries on fumigation, hexavalent chromium, and methylenedianiline, along with revised/updated entries on carcinogen control, flammable liquids, and welding, among others.
• New checklist on diving operations, along with revised/updated checklists on hazardous chemical storage, hazardous chemical exposures, medical services and first aid, flagging, and flammable and combustible liquids, among others.
• New information on surviving a Cal/OSHA inspection.
• Updated contact information, statistics, List of Top 20 Cal/OSHA Violations, and list of targeted inspections for construction