OSHA Training Guide - Construction - 11th Ed. - 31st Year
The OSHA Training Guide for the Construction Industry is an essential tool for complying with OSHA regulations and reducing the most common jobsite injuries. This easy-to-use guide helps employers comply with OSHA training requirements by providing detailed material for thorough employee training, as well as subject matter for short, follow-up training sessions.
The OSHA Training Guide for the Construction Industry includes discussion of the OSHA memorandum on its training policy and the requirement that all training be presented in a manner that employees can understand; the amendment to the Steel Erection Standard and the change in policy for certain steel erection requirements; OSHA letters of interpretation on the use of stepladders and non-self-supporting ladders; and more.
Key features of the guide include:
- Trainer's Guide for each topic, including regulatory requirements, training checklists, employee handouts, and revised tests with answers.
- Trainee materials consisting of handouts and tests.
- Tailgate Meeting materials for informal jobsite training included in each chapter, as well as a Special Topics chapter of additional follow-up training topics on related material.
- Training Certification Sheets to assist in the proper documentation of training
An introductory chapter discusses training fundamentals and OSHA training requirements.
Other topics discussed in the guide include:
• Back Safety
• Demolition Safety
• Electrical Safety (Awareness Level Only)
• Excavation and Trenching Safety
• Fall Protection
• Forklift Safety
• Hand and Power Tool Safety
• Hazard Communication (Employee Right-to-Know)
• Ladders and Stairs
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Steel Erection Safety
• Welding and Cutting Safety